Banyule Housing Support Group has merged with Merri Outreach Support Group. Contact via link www.merri.org.au
The organisation works in close partnership with Department of Human Services Homelessness Accommodation and Support and Banyule City Council Community Programs who provide funds to assist the organisation to achieve its purpose.
BHSG is managed by a voluntary Committee of Management, employs a staff of 2 outreach workers and a part time office administrator, as well as a dedicated support base of volunteer members from the local community.
Statements of Purpose:
- To assist and support people in crisis to re-establish a capacity to live independently.
- To assist and support people who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness to obtain secure and affordable housing.
- To work with Federal, State and Local Government organisations and appropriate welfare agencies.
What We Do!
We support families and adults that reside in transitional accommodation properties managed by North East Housing Service.We provide advice, information and links to other service providers. The organisation is also fortunate to receive grants from the following organisations:
- Department of Human Services
- Banyule City Council
- Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA)
- Bendigo Bank – Community Enterprise Foundation
- Helen McPherson Smith Trust
- And donors from the community…..
Ways you can help!
Volunteer on our Committee of Management or with our Food Run. You can make donations through Givenow.com.au to help us continue our work.